There are so many preschools and not enough qualified teachers in the workforce in Indonesia today.
So what is happening as a result of this?
Preschools have no choice but to employ individuals who only ‘have the love for children’ but have no knowledge or skills.
You would think – how difficult is it to teach to a group of children abc, 123, colours and numbers? Anyone can do it! Right?
Wrong! And I know this from pure experience and being in this field for more than a couple of decades now…
Here are 10 dangers that occur when teaching children as an unqualified teacher:
- They don’t know how to build instant rapport with and understand children to work with them to bring out the best.
- They don’t know how to prepare age appropriate lesson plans.
- They don’t know how to make materials for learning and implement them effectively using the resources made available in school.
- They don’t know how to observe their children and record their progress, which means everything become guess work.
- They don’t know what ‘rubrics’ are which means that they end up unfairly comparing children with others.
- They are unable to communicate with parents effectively about children’s progress.
- They don’t have the right knowledge of ‘how’ children learn and lack the knowledge of ‘how’ to create hands-on projects and materials to help children’s learning.
- They are not motivated, lack ideas and classroom strategies to support the different needs of different children.
- They are unable to conduct an effective circle time and tell stories in unique ways.
- They don’t fully understand safety measures and how to confidently handle accidents that may occur in their school environment.
All it takes is 7 months to reverse the above and become a highly valued, respected and fully qualified teacher.
At Sunshine Teachers’ Training, we provide a Diploma program for Montessori Education that you can complete in just 7 MONTHS!
Our program encompasses more than just the Montessori materials presentations. We offer a holistic teaching program that will make you a well rounded teacher in every area.
- Morning, evening and Saturday classes at Sunshine
- In-house training in your school for your teachers on specific areas of their choice.
- Consultations on how to set up your preschools
- Workshops for parents
If you are not sure this is for you, simply come for a FREE TRIAL class.
Call us and let us know if you would like to attend free trials or come for a coffee session to know more about any of the above. You can call Sarah at : 08812305114, bb pin 32f32874 or Jenny at: 0816-9005356
Or simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.